This course is aimed at personnel involved with higher level administration of Moodle for their unit or school, namely Moodle Category/Sub-Category Administrators. Every individual will need a Defence Learning Portal (DLP) account for the course. This is centrally funded for core MOD personnel but non-MOD personnel employed on behalf of the MOD would need to purchase a DLP licence prior to commencement of the course.
This course aims to provide personnel with sufficient knowledge and skills to utilise basic Moodle 1.9 functionality. Through a series of training workshops on the Defence Virtual Learning Environment (DVLE) it allows personnel to make informed decisions about the implementation of Moodle within their unit and support other Moodle users in their organisation by preparing administrators to deliver Moodle Course Creator (MCC) training. The course includes the opportunity for individuals to construct a unit specific DVLE course after the workshop element.
Students will be enrolled onto the DVLE, entry via the internet DLP site (www.dlp.mod.uk). The Pre-Residential Coursework is located on the DVLE and the total time is approximately one hour pre-course work.
- College: Defence Academy
- Category: Professional Development
- Duration Details: 2 days.
- Location: RAF Halton
- Delivery Method: Classroom
- Restrictions: Applications should be made to DCTS Course Booking Cell. Courses are loaded 8 weeks prior to their start date. Applications received after the cut-off date will be automatically placed on a reserve list.
- Course Contact Details: Tel: 01296 656451 and Mil: 95237 6451
Last updated: 13 May 2013