This article outlines the general policy concerning the delivery of the British Army’s Command, Leadership and Management (CLM) programme.
The relevant documents can be found below (UK Government, 2015; Xt Learn, 2015):
- CLM Policy Handbook, Contents, v4.1 (2014-05)
- CLM Policy Handbook, Chapter 01, v4.4 (2014-03-04)
- CLM Policy Handbook, Chapter 01, v4.1 (2014-05)
- CLM Policy Handbook, Chapter 02, v4.1 (2014-05)
- CLM Policy Handbook, Chapter 03, v4.1 (2014-05)
- CLM Policy Handbook, Chapter 05, v4.0 (2013-09)
- CLM Part 03, Application to Attend Part 3 (AEC) (Course)
- JNCO CLM, Part 03 Timetable (2011-07-01)
|PNCO CLM Training||JNCO CLM Training|
|SNCO CLM Training||WO CLM Training|
From October 2020, the Army CLM programme will be replaced by the Army Leadership Development Programme.
Information contained within the CLM Policy Handbook includes:
- Part One: Introduction.
- The CLM Programme.
- Part Two: The CLM Course.
- PNCO Training.
- Training for JNCOs, SNCOs and WOs.
- Part 1 (Substantiation) T&E.
- Part 2.
- Part 3 (Professional Development).
- CLM Progression.
- CLM Content.
- Descriptions of CLM Courses.
- Completion of T&E with a Specified Timeframe.
- Selection and Loading.
- Part Three: Entry Standards.
- Literacy and Numeracy Tests.
- Mandatory Annual Training Tests.
- Information Technology (IT) Training.
- Part Four: Assessment, Recording, Reporting and Remediation.
- JPA Record Keeping.
- Return to Unit.
- Part Five: Accreditation.
- Part Six: Sustaining the CLM Programme.
- Training Requirements Authority.
- Training Delivery Authorities.
- Training Providers.
- Part Seven: Administration and Welfare.
- Part Eight: AEC Support and Remote Outstations.
- Part Nine: Transitional Arrangements from CLM 2004.
- Part Ten: Appendices.
- Appendix A: PNCO CLM Training.
- Appendix B: JNCO CLM Training and Education.
- Appendix C: SNCO CLM Training and Education.
- Appendix D: WO CLM Training and Education.
- Appendix E: Course Application Proforma.
- Appendix F: Literacy and Numeracy Qualifications.
- Appendix G: Proponents.
- Appendix H: CLM Administration Flowcharts.
- Appendix I: Guide to CLM Part 2 and Workplace Induction.
- Appendix J: Medical Standards for Basic Close Combat Skills (BCCS) Training.
Useful Links & References
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- Wire, The – CLM in Royals Signals (2008-02, p.2-3).
- UK Goverment (2015) CLM Policy Handbook, Chapter 1. Available from World Wide Web: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/423488/CLM_policy_handbook.pdf. [Accessed: 14 July, 2015].
- UK Government (2015) CLM Part 03, Application to Attend Part 3 (AEC) Course: Available from World Wide Web: bfgnet.de/files/274/41aec/CLM_Part_3_Form.pdf. [Accessed: 14 July, 2015].
- Xt Learn (2015) CLM Training and Education Policy Handbook. Available from World Wide Web: http://xtlearn.net/C/2673. [Accessed: 14 July, 2015].