The course module is aimed at Service personnel/MOD civilians who conduct First or Second Party Audit.
This module is aimed at staff whose primary role is to conduct either First Party (internal) Audit (1PA) or Second Party (external) Audit 2PA. 1PA follows the process of auditing against an organisation’s Management of Training System (MTS), whilst 2PA audits against the DSAT Quality Standard (QS).
Application Applications should be made to DCTS Course Booking Cell. Courses are loaded 8 weeks prior to their start date. Applicants should pay particular attention to the section on course module justification and provide as much detail as possible to help DCTS staff determine their suitability for this module, or possibly other DSAT course modules. Line Managers/Candidate Sponsors are to confirm that candidates will complete the stipulated readings and learning activities prior to attending a particular workshop. Failure to do this will result in an application being rejected. Candidates who do not complete the reading and learning activities upon arrival at DCTS may be removed from the workshop.
- College: Defence Academy
- Category: Professional Development
- Duration Details: 3 days.
- Location: RAF Halton
- Delivery Method: Classroom
- Course Contact Details: Tel: 01296 656376 and Mil: 95237 6376
The course module will help prepare staff to:
- Coordinate 1PA or 2PA activities.
- Conduct pre-1PA or 2PA activities.
- Conduct research, observations and interviews.
- Report 1PA or 2PA findings in an auditable way (normally in a 1PA or 2PA Report).
Part 1 Workshop Preparation: prior to attending the Residential Workshop, candidates must complete the following readings and learning activities, which cover DSAT and First/Second Audit activities/deliverables:
- JSP 822: Governance and Management of Defence Individual Training, Education and Skills:
- Part 4: DSAT QS (~2 hours)
- Part 5, Chapters:
- 9 – DTSM 9: First/Second Party Audit (~2 hours)
- 10 – DTSM 10: Data Gathering and Analysis (~2 hours)
- DSAT Course Module 1 – DSAT – MOD Systems Approach to Training (hosted on the DLP), Code DSAT-02 (~3 hours).
Part 2 Workplace Training: this will cover Single Service and local procedures and processes and will be managed locally before and after Part 3. Additional CPD may include training in Interviewing Techniques, Data Gathering, etc. In addition, ongoing support of the material covered during the Residential Workshop will be provided by DCTS through the maintenance of a First/Second Party Audit on-line resource.
Part 3 Residential Workshop: the 3 day Workshop, which runs at DCTS, provides additional underpinning knowledge and practice in the core skills required to conduct all aspects of the First/Second Party Audit function of DSAT.
Last updated: 13 May 2013