This course is suitable for all staff new to computing.
The aim of the course is the development of basic IT skills assessment and training.
- College: College of Management and Technology
- Category: IT and Office Skills
- Business Benefits: A key development course to support the needs of the business.
- Entry Requirements: None.
- Duration Details: Approximately 2 hours e-learning
- Delivery Method: E-Learning
- Course Contact Details: Tel: 0306 798 4892
The objective of BITS assessment and training is to ensure that personnel have sufficient basic IT knowledge prior to DII Start training. The DII Start training teaches personnel how to use new the DII F system. All personnel must be either BITS exempt (a competent user of computers or BITS qualified before doing Start training).
The BITS course is an e-learning package consisting of two parts:
- an assessment of 16 questions
- a training course
Personnel will sit a short test to assess their level of IT skills. If they get 12 or more questions right then they will not need to do further training. If they get less than 12 out of 16 right, the courseware recommends a suggested training path. Personnel will continue to do further training and then retake the test.
Please visit https://www.dlp.mod.uk/ for more information.
Course support opening hours are Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 15:00
Last updated: 14 Nov 2013
You must log in to post a comment.