Last Updated: 05 March, 2015
Personnel must be in a post that requires them to supervise and report on instructors. Applicants must have completed the Defence Instructional Techniques (DIT) course (or hold a predecessor qualification or civilian equivalent e.g. a PTLLS qualification), Defence Train the Trainer (DTTT) or DTTT (Consolidation) Course.
Army, and affiliated, personnel should also view the Army Instructor Capability programme.
The aim of the course is to provide the knowledge and skills required for assessing and managing instructors in the workplace at Defence schools and single Service training establishments. The course focuses on the roles and responsibilities of developing and managing instructors and the tools and techniques required to conduct assessments of instructor performance. Students will practice coaching and interviewing techniques in order to improve instructor performance.
Personnel must have completed an instructional techniques course, have instructional experience and be filling an instructor supervisor appointment with specific responsibilities for reporting and career management. It is highly recommended that students complete the following sections of the DSAT e-learning package (hosted on the DLP– Code DSAT-02):
- Module 1.0 Focus Group; Module 2.0 Introduction/Overview of DSAT
- Module 2.3 DSAT Relevance to Instructors; Module 2.4 Evaluation of Training.
- College: Defence Academy
- Category: Professional Development
- Duration Details: 4 days.
- Location: RAF Halton
- Delivery Method: Classroom
- Restrictions: Applications should be made to DCTS Course Booking Cell. Courses are loaded 8 weeks prior to their start date. Applications received after the cut-off date are automatically placed on a reserve list. Proof of DIT or other qualification is to be attached to the application.
- Course Contact Details: Tel: 01296 656451 and Mil: 95237 6451.
[ecwid_product store_id=”6406095″ product_id=”49964928″ display=”picture title addtobag” link=”http://bootcampmilitaryfitnessinstitute.com/about/shop/#!/The-Military-Instructional-Techniques-Training-Package/p/49964928/”%5D