The course module is aimed at Service personnel/MOD civilians who conduct Internal Evaluation, in particular individuals employed in TDAs and Training providers.
This module is aimed at staff within a TDA whose primary role is to devise an Internal Evaluation strategy, collect and analyse Internal Evaluation data, and present Internal Evaluation findings to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of training delivery.
Applications should be made to DCTS Course Booking Cell. Courses are loaded 8 weeks prior to their start date. Applicants should pay particular attention to the section on course module justification and provide as much detail as possible to help DCTS staff determine their suitability for this module, or possibly other DSAT course modules. Line Managers/Candidate Sponsors are to confirm that candidates will complete the stipulated readings and learning activities prior to attending a particular workshop. Failure to do this will result in an application being rejected. Candidates who do not complete the readings and learning activities on arrival at DCTS may be removed from the workshop.
- College: Defence Academy
- Category: Professional Development
- Duration Details: 3 days.
- Location: RAF Halton
- Delivery Method: Classroom
- Course Contact Details: Tel: 01296 656376 and Mil: 95237 6376
The course module will help prepare staff to:
- Measure the immediate reaction of trainees to a training event through an After Action Review.
Measure the learning transfer achieved by the training activity.
- Develop an Internal Evaluation strategy that describes when and how to collect data.
- Develop Internal Evaluation data collection instruments that are valid and reliable.
- Collect Internal Evaluation data from a variety of sources, such as course documentation, formative and summative tests, instructor performance monitoring, trainee logs, observations, course feedback questionnaires, post course discussions, interviews and unsolicited feedback.
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative Internal Evaluation data.
- Present Internal Evaluation findings that seeks to prove, through triangulation of data, that all training and testing meets the requirements of the TOs as contained in the TPS.
- Document in an auditable way analyses, decisions and recommendations (normally in an Internal Evaluation Report).
Part 1 Workshop Preparation: prior to attending the Residential Workshop, candidates must complete the following readings and learning activities, which cover DSAT and Internal Evaluation activities/deliverables.
- JSP 822: Governance and Management of Defence Individual Training, Education and Skills:
- Part 4: DSAT QS (~2 hours)
- Part 5, Chapters:
- 4 – DTSM 4: Detailed Design and Development (~2 hours)
- 8 – DTSM 8: Evaluation of Training (section on Internal Evaluation only) (~2 hours)
- 10 – DTSM 10: Data Gathering and Analysis (~2 hours)
- DSAT Course Module 1 – DSAT – MOD Systems Approach to Training (hosted on the DLP), Code DSAT-02 (~3 hours).
Part 2 Workplace Training: this will cover Single Service and local procedures and processes and will be managed locally before and after Part 3. Additional CPD may include training in Data Gathering, Statistical Analyses, etc. In addition, ongoing support of the material covered during the Residential Workshop will be provided by DCTS through the maintenance of an Internal Evaluation on-line resource.
Part 3 Residential Workshop: the 2.5 day Workshop, which runs at DCTS, provides additional underpinning knowledge and practice in the core skills required to conduct all aspects of the Internal Evaluation function of DSAT
Last updated: 13 May 2013
You must log in to post a comment.