Last Updated: 03 June, 2015
This 2-day course is for all Defence personnel with the responsibility for the monitoring and evaluation of instructors, trainers, educators, facilitators, and/or Directing Staff.
Army, and affiliated, personnel should also view the Army Instructor Capability programme.
This course is suitable for Line managers, supervisors or co-ordinators of Defence Academy instructors, trainers, educators, facilitators, and/or Directing Staff.
The aim of the Defence Instructor Monitoring and Evaluation (DIME) Course is to ensure that all personnel with responsibility for the monitoring and evaluation of instructors have the capability and competencies required to assess and coach instructional staff in the workplace in accordance with the requirements of JSP 822, the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT), thus ensuring best practice and standardisation of the assessment process. The Defence Academy franchise DIME Course builds upon the essential knowledge and skills previously acquired and demonstrated on the Directing Staff Skills Workshop (DSSW) Course; successful completion of which is a mandatory pre-requisite.
Previous successful completion of the 2-day Directing Staff Skills Workshop (DSSW) course is mandatory.
- College: Defence Academy
- Category: Military Directed Training
- Duration Details: 2 days
- Course Price: N/A
- Location: Shrivenham
- Delivery Method: Classroom
- Restrictions: None
- Course Contact Details: Tel: 01793 788827 and Mil: 96161 8827
- Related Courses: Directing Staff Skills Workshop (DSSW)
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Assess Adherence to Training Delivery Documentation
- Establish the Roles of the Instructor Monitor and Evaluator
- Determine the Responsibilities of the Instructor Monitor and Evaluator
- Assess the 5 Pillars of a Lesson
- Coach the Instructor
- Develop Instructor Performance
- Apply Coaching and Communications Skills
- Conduct Feedback Sessions Post Instructor Assessment
- Comply with the Defence Academy Management of the Training and Education Systems (MTES)
The course is formally assessed; all participants have the opportunity to conduct an instructor evaluation, and then to deliver an assessed one-to-one feedback and coaching session.
[ecwid_product store_id=”6406095″ product_id=”49964928″ display=”picture title addtobag” link=”http://bootcampmilitaryfitnessinstitute.com/about/shop/#!/The-Military-Instructional-Techniques-Training-Package/p/49964928/”]