A two-day Mandatory Course for all Defence Academy Staff undertaking a Directing Staff, Teaching or Facilitation role.
The course is suitable for all Directing Staff and Staff in Teaching or Facilitation roles.
The Directing Staff Skills Workshop (DSSW) course provides participants with: the necessary knowledge and skills to enable them to effectively facilitate learner-centred syndicate discussions; and the motivation and self-confidence to deliver one-to-one mentoring and coaching, via awareness and experience of appropriate theories, techniques and models. On completion of the course, the new trainer will have established the knowledge, motivation and self-confidence to provide added value instruction. Learning is facilitated through a combination of group workshops and syndicated sessions. All participants have the opportunity to conduct a one to one coaching session.
- College: Defence Academy
- Category: Employment Training
- Entry Requirements: None.
- Duration Details: 2 days
- Location: Shrivenham
- Delivery Method: Classroom
- Course Contact Details: Tel: 01793 788827 and Mil: 96161 8827
- Related Courses: Defence Instructors Monitoring & Evaluation (DIME) Course
By the end of the course candidates will be able to:
- Analyse the Principles of Facilitative Teaching in Defence
- Examine selected Theories of Learning
- Examine different Learning Styles
- Discuss Effective Facilitation Skills
- Apply Effective Questioning Techniques
- Interpret the Principles of DSAT
- Articulate Effective Support to students with suspected or confirmed SpLD’s
- Apply Appropriate Coaching and Mentoring Techniques
- Apply Effective Rapport Building Techniques
- Demonstrate Effective Coaching Skills
- Discuss Effective Mentoring Techniques
Last updated: 16 Sep 2013