1. Reduces Stress
- Exercise increases concentrations of norepinephrine;
- Moderates the brain’s response to stress; and
- Boost the body’s ability to deal with existing physical symptoms that stress and worrying creates.
2. Alleviates Depression
- Exercise releases endorphins.
- Creates feelings of happiness and euphoria.
- Studies show that exercise can treat mild to moderate depression as effectively as antidepressant medication.
- Promotes: neural growth, reduced inflammation, feelings of calmness and well-being.
3. Alleviates Anxiety
- Exercise is a natural and effective anti-anxiety treatment.
- Exercise releases endorphins:
- Relieves tension and stress.
- Boosts physical and mental energy.
- Enhances well-being.
4. Reduces Symptoms of ADHD
- Boosts brain’s norepinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin levels- all of which affect focus and attention.
- Improves: Concentration, Motivation, Memory & Mood.
- Exercise works in much the same way as Ritalin and Adderall.
5. Reduces Symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Body focus during exercise can help the nervous system become “unstuck” and begin to move out of the immobilisation stress response.
- Exercises that involve cross movement and engage both arms and legs are best choices.
6. Shaper Memory and Brainpower
- Exercise stimulates the growth of new brain cells (neurogenesis) and helps prevent age-related decline.
- Increases levels of a brain-derived protein (aka BDNF): helps with decision making and higher thinking, and learning.
- Increases production of cells in hippocampus.
7. Higher Self-Esteem
- Investment in your mind, body, and soul.
- Fosters sense of self-worth.
- Sense of empowerment.
- Positive self-image.
- Sense of achievement.
8. Improves Sleep
- Short burst of exercise can help regulate your sleep patterns.
- Exercise raises body’s core temperature.
- Return to normal temperature post-exercise signals the body that it is time to sleep.
9. Increased Energy and Productivity
- Research shows that regular exercise boosts energy level and increases work productivity.
10. Stronger Resilience
- Boosts immune system and reduces the impact of stress.
- Provides a health coping mechanism for mental or emotional life challenges.
- Dopamine “reward chemical” released in response to any foam of pleasure.
- Effectively distracts drug and alcohol addicts making them de-prioritise cravings (at least short term).