For anyone engaging in workouts to attain or maintain physical fitness, quick or fast sublime results provide the much-needed assurance that the efforts did actually bear fruit. The main objective of nutritional drinks pre-, peri- (during), post-workout is to ensure that a proper balance of the body’s progressive and timely nutritional needs is maintained for best results.
Health experts recommend preferential uptake of natural pre-workout as well as post-workout energy-laden drinks. Several findings show that these drinks will best nourish your muscles and help with the recovery better than manufactured, packed energy drinks. Natural drinks contents comprise of low sugar, low carbohydrates, and healthy sodium levels that pose no health risks even for those with health conditions like hypertension. Reputable outlets offer an extensive range of dietary solution guidelines tailor-made to meet your specific needs in varying workout conditions.
This article sets out to share with you six of the best easy to prepare, nutrition drinks for fast, excellent results from your workout regimen.
1. Coffee Drink
A mug of freshly prepared coffee gulped down your gut just before the gym can help vitalise and keep your body active, making the strenuous workout you are about to undertake more enjoyable. This enables you to stay motivated and focused while significantly cutting down your appetite to help keep your weight in check.
However, watch out for these restrictions before turning to this popular drink:
- Drink only your normal quantity;
- Do not take a double serving just because it is time to go for a workout, this, experts warn would be counterproductive; and
- Non-coffee drinkers should stay away and find alternative drinks as it is known to accelerate heart-rate.
2. Beetroot Juice
This healthy vegetable, carefully prepared and seasoned with some lime juice plus Himalayan salt, has a great taste. The resulting sweet drink is rich in nutrients that are instrumental in enhancing your workout performance and effective recovery.
The generous water content of the juice will ensure sufficient hydration to cope with the exercise to come. Benefits include:
- Eradication of body rigidity together with workout aches to get you going again; and
- Maintenance of healthy blood cholesterol levels.
3. Coconut Water
Chopped coconut that is stirred with coconut water and refrigerated is a soothing nutritious drink that refreshes and relaxes the muscles after a sweaty workout exercise. It is a good choice during hot or warm weather. Being chilled, it is also effective for cooling off in addition to quenching your thirst even between workouts.
The most notable health benefits derived that are connected to a workout exercise are:
- Restoration of salts that are lost during the exercise since it is a natural electrolyte and balancing of electrolyte concentration; and
- Supplies healthy fats and natural sugars, which help facilitate the process of recovery.
4. Orange Energiser
This is one of the best sources of energy; it is advisable to consume half an hour to one hour before gym activity. The attractive blend comprises of ripe orange fruit, green grapes, lime juice, and cumin seeds, either ground or roasted.
Benefits of this pre-gym mouth-watering energy drink include:
- The much-needed vitamin C for vitality; and
- The all-important glucose required for the exercise that comes from the natural sugars.
5. Chocolate Milk
Enjoying a delicious chocolate milk drink is a rewarding way to give your body a treat after a sustained muscle pounding in the gym. Loaded with nutrients, this drink promises to supply just what your body needs for a refreshing recovery.
Consuming this drink after a gym workout is linked to the following:
- Accelerated recovery of muscles with increased build; and
- Burning off more fat for a healthier stronger body.
6. Cherry Lemonade
The sweet tasting blend that it is, cherry lemonade is one drink that prepares your body adequately for an effective workout session. It is also nutritious enough with health benefits that transcend the gym encounter. Ingredients are simple enough to Combine and include cherry fruit, honey, water, fennel seed powder, and lime juice.
The benefits derived from this pre-gym drink include:
- Antioxidants together with the embedded natural sugars sustain sound workout energy levels.
The results you get out of your laboured workouts are largely linked to what you consume, food or drink. Taking the right drinks will supply the workouts energy sufficiently and also aid the body’s recovery process, therefore, take the right drinks for best overall outcomes. These are generally natural drinks containing dietary fibre, natural sugars, and antioxidants for best results.