A new webpage has just been upload which looks at the heel pain associated with the condition known as plantar fasciitis.
The heel is a specialised part of the body designed to absorb the impact of your body weight when walking, running or undertaking any other form of physical exertion or weight bearing exercise. An inflamed and irritated plantar fascia can be very painful, therefore when pain does develop, it can be very disabling, making every step a problem which in turn can affect an individual’s overall posture.
What’s in the article?
- Definition of plantar fasciitis.
- Other common terms by which it is known.
- Defining some important terms.
- A description of the foot, particularly the muscles involved.
- Causes of plantar fasciitis.
- Why it is a problem.
- Some of the known complications.
- Who can be affected by the condition.
- Prevalence and risk factors.
- Symptoms across the identified populations affected by the condition.
- How the condition is diagnosed.
- Some of the conditions which are similar to plantar fasciitis which the reader should be wary of.
- Overview of the treatments available and general advice.
- Outlook for people with the condition.
- Further reading.
A downloadable PDF can be found here.