A military government is generally any form of government that is administered by military forces, whether or not this government is legal under the laws of the jurisdiction at issue, and whether this government is formed by natives or by an occupying power.
It is usually carried out by military workers.
Types of military government include:
- Military occupation of acquired foreign territory and the administration thereof;
- Martial law: Temporary military rule of domestic territory;
- Military dictatorship: An authoritarian government controlled by a military and its political designees, called a military junta when done extralegally;
- Military junta: A government led by a committee of military leaders; and/or
- Stratocracy: A government traditionally or constitutionally run by a military.
This page is based on the copyrighted Wikipedia article < https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_government >; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.