The UK maintains a range of UK overseas bases which provide a variety of functions for the military personnel and assets that are located there or transit through.
Bases by Location and Cost
- Belize: £1.4m.
- Oman: £3.5m.
- Bahrain: £4.2m.
- Brunei: -£0.3m.
- Cyprus: £80.0m.
- Qatar: £2.6m.
- Singapore: £1.2m.
- Chagos Islands: £3.4m (the annual running cost for the British Indian Ocean Territory).
- Kenya: £9.3m.
- Canada: £27.9m.
- UAE: £7.7m.
- Falklands Islands: £23.3m.
- Ascension Islands: £5.5m.
- Gibraltar: £19.7m.
- All the costs provided are for financial year 2018/2019 and include Hard and Soft Facilities Management, Rent rates, Utilities and Communication costs.
- All figures have been rounded to one decimal place.
- The costs provided are net of any income received from third parties in occupation.
- Budgets are not available as they are not set at operational base level.
- The cost relating to Brunei is negative as some costs are paid for by the Kingdom of Brunei, but income is received from third parties in occupation.
FOI 2020/00051 dated 29 January 2020.
You must log in to post a comment.