“If You Always Do What You’ve Always Done, You Always Get What You’ve Always Gotten.”
Unknown but invariably accredited to (Quote Investigator, 2016):
- Henry Ford (?, Car Maker);
- Jessie Potter (1981, Educator and counsellor on family relationships and human sexuality);
- Dayle K. Maloney (1984, In a seminar ‘Secers of Selling);
- Cathy Bolger (1984, Counsellor);
- Dan Clark with Michael Gale (1986, In a self-help book);
- Susan Jeffers (1988, Written in her book)
- Jackie “Moms” Mabley (1993, Comedian); and/or
- Tony Robbins (?, NLP Guru).
- Some sources even suggest Albert Einstein and Mark Twain.
Quote Investigator provides a few alternatives and the provenance of the phrase.
Quote Investigator (2016) If You Always Do What You’ve Always Done, You Always Get What You’ve Always Gotten. Available from World Wide Web: http://quoteinvestigator.com/2016/04/25/get/. [Accessed: 12 September, 2016].