Research Paper Title
Fundamentals of Adaptive Intelligent Tutoring Systems for Self-Regulated Learning.
The tutorial described in this report was conducted at the Interservice/Industry Training Simulation and Education Conference (IITSEC) in Orlando, FL, in December 2014. The purpose of this tutorial is 5-fold:
- Understand the differences between adaptive and adaptable systems;
- Understand the key components of Intelligent Tutoring Systems (ITSs);
- Understand the potential of ITSs as one-to-one tutors and where ITS technologies are most applicable in the training and educational domain;
- Understand the concept of self-regulated learning (SRL); and
- Understand how ITS design can support SRL.
Sottilare, R.A. (2015) Fundamentals of Adaptive Intelligent Tutoring Systems for Self-Regulated Learning. ARL-SR-0318. Human Research and Engineering Directorate, US Army Research Laboratory. Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.