Delivered by the Defence Centre for Training Support (DCTS), this course is for commanding officers (COs) of training establishments typically from OF-4 to OF-6 level (Lieutenant Colonel to Brigadier).
Location and Delivery
Delivered by the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom, located in Shrivenham.
What You Will Learn?
You will learn:
- DSAT overview/managing defence individual training & education;
- TESRR – A strategic context;
- Background to continuous improvement, present and future Issues (including defence assurance);
- OFSTED brief;
- Trainee attitude survey/instructor attitude survey;
- Defence trainer capability;
- Quality assurance;
- The challenges of command; and
- Exploiting technology enhanced learning.
How this Course Will Help Your Career
This course will help you become an effective commanding officer of a training establishment.
- COs of training establishments typically from OF-4 to OF-6.
- Before you attend, reading: JSP 822 Part 1 Chapter 1 and Chapter 2, Sections 2.1 to 2.7.
How the Course will be Taught
- Face-to-face/ Residential; Blended; Online (Virtual).