Caring for a loved one who is ill, disabled or older can be valuable and rewarding, but without the right support caring can have an impact on your health, your job, your ﬁnances and your social life.
The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity (RNRMC) have teamed up with Carers UK to support unpaid carers in the Royal Navy community.
A new digital portal has been developed that brings together Carers UK’s digital products and online resources with RNRMC funded support for carers.
To create an account and get free access to all the products and support resources click on the link carersdigital.org and create a new account by using your free access code DGTC4836.
The Digital Resource for Carers includes e-Learning modules, factsheets, interactive guides, personalised support, and information from covering the following areas:
- Health and wellbeing: including resources around nutrition and breaks.
- Support for Caring: including 5 ‘About Me’ e-Learning courses on building emotional resilience and ﬁnding support, and an upfront guide to caring which gives tailored advice to carers depending on their situation.
- Technology and Caring: includes guides on how to use technology in care.
- Financial Planning: includes a resource made with the Money Advice Service called ‘Thinking Ahead’; a questionnaire style tool to help people think about the costs of caring.
- Working and Caring: includes guides to rights at work and seeking support at work.
- Access to all to care coordination App, Jointly.
- Young Adult Carers; an e-Learning resource for young adult carers now in adult services including, for example, advice and information for making choices about caring, and support in and about education and work.
- RNRMC support for carers.
Navy News. (2021). Supporting Unpaid Cares. Navy News. March 2021, pp.24.