Aim of the Course
The aim of the course is to train personnel to be competent and qualiﬁed in the maintenance of Category ‘B’ Vehicle Inspection programmes in accordance with ﬁrst line assurance.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Phase 3 personnel – minimum rank OR-3.
- Civil Servants employed as Instructional Staff are authorised to attend.
- Must hold a GB issued photocard driving licence with a minimum full category B entitlement.
- Must have completed Defence General Service Driver (DGSD) Module 1 conversion course.
- Must have successfully completed Land Rover TUL/TUM (HS) conversion training.
Nine (9) working days, with eight (8) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
During the course students will learn the objectives of vehicle maintenance and inspection routines. The classroom based training will cover:
- Locate, Identify and State the Function of Components/Systems on an in-service B Vehicle.
- Carry out Time/Usage Maintenance Tasks.
- Carry out Unit B Vehicle Inspections.
‘B’ Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance Operator Competency.