Aim of the Course
Complimenting the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) principles, students will learn how to become effective trainers in this specialised area and learn how to assess in a controlled environment as per the recognised test standards and in accordance with Joint Service Publications.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Regular and Reserve Phase 3 personnel of minimum substantive rank OR-3.
- Civilian Instructional Staff are entitled to attend.
- Must hold one of the following: Defence Instructional Techniques/ Defence Train the Trainer/ Defence Method of Instruction/Presentation Skills (Royal Navy), Method of Instruction or Defence Workplace Trainer (Royal Air Force) or recognised national equivalent.
- Must have completed Defence General Service Driver (DGSD) Module 1 (alternatively hold the equivalent legacy Instructors qualiﬁcation obtained prior to 01 April 2003).
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience of driving military vehicles.
- Must hold a GB issued photocard driving licence with full Category C entitlement for a minimum of 18 months or national equivalent.
- Must hold a GB issued photocard driving licence with full Category C+E entitlement for a minimum of 3 months or national equivalent.
Ten (10) working days, with twenty five (25) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
Students will learn how to prepare and present the training delivery associated with the 11T/084 Driver License Acquisition Course. The classroom based training allows students to familiarise themselves with the course administration prior to training delivery including accessing the distributed Training pack and the pre and post course documentation.
This course is delivered day and night and covers the following modules:
- Basic conversion to military vehicles – admin support of vehicle and maintenance.
- Wheel rig – change a wheel, H& S and correct operating procedures.
- Cab tilt, load schematics & self recovery.
- Training delivery prior to operation deployment.
- Students will use a 6 tonne MAN vehicle whilst on the course and will be expected to create and deliver a lesson covering the relevant training objectives of the 11T/084 speciﬁed.
Perosnal Protection Equipment will be issued for the duration of the course.
To attend this course students must have a driving competency on the MAN SV 6 Tonne vehicle which will be assessed
at the beginning of the course. Those that fail will be returned to unit. This course is the prerequisite for the 11T/A009 Combat Support Boat Trailer Operator Instructor Course.
Defence General Service Driver (DGSD) Conversion Instructor Competency.