Aim of the Course
The aim of the course is to train experienced drivers to be competent and qualiﬁed in using the Vehicle Skid Cradle.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Phase 3 personnel – minimum rank Substantive OR-3.
- D Grade Civil Servants employed as Instructional Staff are authorised to attend.
- Must hold a GB issued full category B (car) driving licence.
- Must hold one of the following: DIT/DTTT/DGSDCI/ DMI/ MOI(RAF)/Presentation Skills(RN).
- The student must have been a DDI, DLAI or DGSDCI for a minimum of 12 months.
- RM personnel must have passed a Junior Command Course and be Driver D2 trained.
Five (5) working days, with two (2) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
This week long course will carry out the following application and administration:
- Course assessment procedures.
- Removing and ﬁtting a skid cradle to a vehicle.
- User maintenance of the skid cradle.
- Conduct skid control theory.
- Conduct calibration of the skid frame.
- Conduct practical skid demonstrations.
- Explain skid control training areas.
Vehicle Skid Cradle Instructor Competency.