Aim of the Course
The aim of the course is to train personnel to be competent and qualiﬁed MHE Forklift Rough Terrain Operators on the JCB 524-50 (Light) platform to include loading and unloading ISO Containers on hard standing and Off- Road.
Refer to TFLRT Operator (4000kg) course.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Any rank or grade.
- Students must have an authorised LGV category C driver licence.
- Students must have completed Defence General Service Driver (DGSD) Module 1 conversion training or equivalent qualiﬁcation.
Seven (7) working days, with twenty five (25) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
Students will be taught to drive and operate a JCB 524-50 Rough Terrain Forklift Truck. The following will also be taught:
- Identifying vehicle components.
- Manoeuvring in a controlled environment.
- Preparation of the vehicle for transportation.
- The stacking and de-stacking of loads in a controlled environment.
- Driver/operator maintenance responsibilities.
Vehicle MHE Forklift Rough Terrain Op (JCB 524-50) Competency.