Aim of the Course
The aim of the course is to train experienced drivers to be competent and qualiﬁed Vehicle OSHKOSH 6×6 transporter drivers.
This is the initial articulated tractor unit and transporter trailer driving only conversion course to drive the Modiﬁed Light Equipment Transporter (MLET).
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Any rank or grade.
- Must hold an authorised driving licence with a full LGV category C+E entitlement.
- Students must have a minimum of 12-months driving experience.
- Must have completed Defence General Service Driver (DGSD) Module 1 or vehicle instructor equivalent.
Five (5) working days, with five (5) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
Over the 5 days students will be taught to drive the Oshkosh 6×6 (Tractor unit only) on road and cross country. This will include:
- Driving an unladen trailer onroad or prepared tracks only both by day and by night but excludes any speciﬁc back-end practical loading, unloading or winch training.
- Self recovery and emergency drill procedures are covered during the instructional periods.
- Vehicle manoeuvring and coupling/uncoupling a MLET trailer will be practices and assessed.
- Drive the Oshkosh 6×6 and MLET on road and off road.
- Driver and operator maintenance responsibilities are taught.
Vehicle OSK 6×6 Driver-Transporter Competency.