Aim of the Course
To train experienced drivers to be competent and qualiﬁed Vehicle OSHKOSH 6×6 Tanker Drivers.
This is the initial articulated tractor unit and tanker trailer driving only conversion course (excludes any speciﬁc practical back-end ﬁll or pump operation training).
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Any rank or grade.
- Must hold an authorised driving licence with a full LGV category C+E entitlement.
- Students must have a minimum of 12-months driving experience.
- Must have completed Defence General Service Driver (DGSD) Module 1 or vehicle instructor equivalent.
Five (5) working days, with six (6) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
Over the 5 days students will be taught to drive the Oshkosh 6×6 on road and cross country (Tractor unit only).
- Driving will be conducted by day and night both on and off road.
- Self recovery and emergency drill procedures are covered during the instructional periods.
- Vehicle manoeuvring and coupling/uncoupling of a Close Support Tanker (CST) trailer will also be taught.
- Driver and operator maintenance responsibilities are taught.
Vehicle OSK 6×6 Driver-Tanker Competency.