Aim of the Course
This course will provide the necessary training where students will learn how to control and supervise one to one recovery using a vehicle winch in various conditions using the designated training area at the Defence School of Transport.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Minimum of Lance Corporal.
- Civilian Instructional Staff are entitled to attend.
- Must hold an authorised driving licence with a minimum full LGV category C entitlement or national equivalent.
- Must have completed Defence General Service Driver (DGSD) Module 1 Conversion or national equivalent.
- Must be a qualiﬁed and indate Vehicle Winch Operator.
- Must have completed either MAN SV 6, 9 or 15Tonne driver conversion training.
- Must hold a recognised instructor qualiﬁcation.
- Be familiar with using IT equipment.
Five (5) working days, with six (6) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
This classroom based practical and theory based training will allow students to carry out assessments on Vehicle Winch Operators in their delivery of operating a vehicle Winch. They will:
- Conduct a B Vehicle recovery task using a self-recovery winch.
- Carry out Assessments On Potential Defence Vehicle Winch Operators
- Conduct a ‘B’ (wheeled) Vehicle Recovery Tasks (one to one recovery) using the ﬁtted Self-Recovery Winch.
- Maintain and Inspect a ‘B’ (wheeled) Vehicle Self Recovery Winch and associated items.
Students will be required to conduct a formal risk assessment which involves assessing environmental risk and the task in hand. Personal Protection Equipment is provided for the duration of the course.
This is a pre-requisite for the Modiﬁed Light Equipment Training (MLET) – OSHKOSH Vehicle.
Defence Vehicle Winch Instructor Competency.