Aim of the Course
To train junior personnel to be competent in assisting in the running of a Mechanical Transport (MT) Section and provide support to the Defence Transport Operator.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Private to Corporal or MoD employed Civil Servant or Contractor equivalent.
- Must be employed or about to be employed in an MT environment.
- Joint Asset Management and Engineering Solution (JAMES) training is not delivered during the course; however, it should be noted that this course is JAMES compliant.
- It is strongly recommended that students are familiar with the JAMES processes and terminology, and are trained in the role of Simple Tasks prior to attending the course.
Nine )9) working days, with twelve (12) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
Students will learn the basics of running a Mechanical Transport (MT) Section and to assist the Defence Transport Manager in how to:
- Manage personnel.
- Manage vehicle equipment.
- Operate an MT section.
- Carry out operational deployment tasks (Service Personnel Only).
Defence Junior Transport Operator Competency.