Aim of the Course
To train personnel to be competent in the running of a Mechanical Transport (MT) Section and provide advice to the Chain of Command (CoC) on all aspects of Dangerous Goods Transport.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
Refer to Defence Junior Transport Operator.
- Minimum rank of Sergeant (OR-6).
- Civil Servants and authorised Contractors must have practical Transport Operating experience.
- Must hold an authorised driving licence with minimum full category B entitlement or national equivalent.
- Joint Asset Management and Engineering Solution (JAMES) training is not delivered during this course; however it should be noted that this course is JAMES compliant.
- It is strongly recommended that students are familiar with the JAMES processes and terminology, and are trained in the role of Senior Equipment Manager prior to attending the course
Fourteen (14) working days, with seven (7) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
By the end of the course, students will be expected to demonstate a level of competency in how to:
- Supervise MT Staff – mentor young drivers.
- Prepare a detailed Maintenance Programme/Forecast.
- Produce & provide Cost Data to Vehicle & Equipment Users.
- Operate an efﬁcient MT Ofﬁce.
- Supervise MT Contracts.
- Provide advice to the Chain Of Command (CoC) on all aspects of Dangerous Goods Transport.
- Intergrate into 1st Line Assurance.
All training is classroom based and conducted during the working day.
Defence Transport Operator Competency.