Aim of the Course
To train qualiﬁed and competent Vehicle CALM Crane Operators as Instructors using the Distributed Training Pack as the source document.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Junior Non-Commissioned Ofﬁcer or civilian equivalent.
- Must be a qualiﬁed MAN SV 6, 9 or 15 Tonne CALM Crane Operator with at least 12 months operating experience.
- Must hold an authorised driving licence with a minimum full category C entitlement.
- Must have completed Defence General Service Driver (DGSD) Module 1 or vehicle instructor equivalent.
- Must have carried out driver conversion on either MAN SV 6, 9 or 15Tonne.
- Must hold an Instructor qualiﬁcation.
Five (5) working days, with three (3) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
The course is delivered using the MAN SV 6T Flat Platform vehicle variant ﬁtted with a Crane Auxiliary Lorry Mounted (CALM). The differences between the 6, 9 and 15 Tonne CALM platforms are demonstrated during the course.
A 5 day course which is conducted indoors and outdoors. Students will prepare and deliver a series of practical and theory presentations both indoors and outdoors. The course is designed for students to be able to carry out course administration including accessing the Distributed Training Pack, and pre- and post-documentation.
On completion of the course students will be able to assess and test CALM Operators.
Vehicle CALM Crane (SV) Instructor.