Aim of the Course
To train personnel to be conversant in advising Brigades in assurance and governance in accordance with the management checks, Logistic Support Assurance Framework (LSAF).
Refer to Transport Specialist.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Staff Sergeant to Warrant Officer.
- Must have completed:
- DRSA (Defence Road Safety Advisor).
- RLC Transport Specialist Course or national equivalent.
- Specialist Driver Class 1 (RLC only).
- JAMES Senior Equipment Manager training.
Six (6) weeks, with one (1) course per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
Student will learn how to advise on transport management procedures and supervise a Defence Testing and Licencing Authority (DeLTA) ofﬁce. They will be be taught in how to contract manage driver training and how to carry out 1st line assurance and will visit other civilian and defence organisations.
The 6 week course covers:
- Week 1: Learn to be a Manager in Dangerous Goods.
- Week 2: Deliver a presentation.
- Week 3: Operation Fleet Management, Exercise Management, and Budget Management.
- Week 4: Visits to DVLA to learn about the licensing process, Armour Centre to learn about the provision of their facility, and RAF Master Driver at 2MT.
- Week 5: LSAF to learn and present yourself as an auditor, and visit a unit and conduct assurance activity.
- Week 6 Tri-More Exercise: Testing in a realistic working environment on Operational Fleet Management, a governance based presentation, and conducting a back brief.
RLC Master Driver Competency.