Aim of the Course
To give newly commissioned Armoured Corps Ofﬁcers basic training in Combat Reconnaissance (Recce) Vehicle Gunnery, Driving and Maintenance, Signals and in commanding a RECCE Troop, including a practical phase.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Second Lieutenant to Lieutenant.
- IELTS Level 5.5.
- The student must hold a FULL or PROVISIONAL tracked Driving Licence.
21 weeks, with three (3) courses per year.
Armour Centre (ARMCEN) Bovington.
Outline of Course
- Target Engagement.
- Equipment Maintenance.
- Safety Procedures.
- Troop and Crew Control.
- Driving and Maintenance.
- Combat Reconnaissance Vehicle details.
- Driving and Commanding by Day and Night.
- Administrative Responsibilities of a Troop Leader.
- Call signs.
- Trace and Map Marking.
- VHF Antennae Sitting.
- Voice Procedure.
- Electronic Warfare.
- Indoor and Outdoor Exercises.
- Analysis of the Threat.
- Medium Reconnaissance Vehicle Tactics.
- Vehicle Recognition.
- Receipt and Issues of Order.
- Nuclear Biological and Chemical Defence.
- Introduction to the All Arms Battle Group.
- Field Training Exercise.
The course should be followed by a period of practical experience with a view to undertaking the more advanced “Instructors” courses in Driving and Maintenance, Signals or Gunnery.