Aim of the Course
To give newly commissioned Armoured Corps Ofﬁcers basic training in Main Battle Tank (MBT) gunnery, Driving and Maintenance, Signals and in commanding a Tank Troop, including a practical phase.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Second Lieutenant to Lieutenant.
- IELTS Level 5.
- The student must hold a FULL or PROVISIONAL tracked Driving Licence and a current effective Driving Licence.
25 weeks, with three (3) courses per year.
Armour Centre (ARMCEN) Bovington/Warminster.
Outline of Course
- Recognise and identify Armoured Fighting Vehicles (AFV) and aircraft using visual and thermal sighting equipment.
- Engagement procedures.
- Vehicle servicing.
- Troop and crew control.
- Driving and Maintenance:
- Operate automotive system.
- Administrative Responsibilities of a Troop Leader.
- Voice Procedure.
- Working a net.
- Watch-keeping duties.
- Map marking.
- Indoor and outdoor Exercises.
- Apply ﬁeld craft skills.
- Prepare Armoured Troop for Operations.
- Maintain combat effectiveness.
- Identify the threat.
- Command an Armoured Troop on Operations.
The course should be followed by a period of practical experience with a view to undertaking the more advanced “Instructors” courses in Driving and Maintenance, Signals or Gunnery.
Troop Leader Armour.