Aim of the Course
To develop the technical knowledge and skills of selected ofﬁcers, in order to prepare them for increased technical and training responsibility either at regimental duty or within Instructor Gunnery appointments.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Captain (OF-2) to Major (OF-3).
- IELTS Level 5.5.
46 weeks, with one (1) course per year.
Royal School of Artillery Larkhill.
Outline of Course
- Cranﬁeld university.
- Post Graduate Certificate (PGCE) in Gun System Design, providing technical understanding of Fundamentals of Ballistics and Gun Design.
- Technical aspects of CS capabilities.
- Understand and brief the capability of equipment, detailed technical understanding of current and future Close support capabilities, including Mortars, Artillery, Precision Fires and Air Defence.
- Artillery tactics and doctrine.
- Explore the levels within the doctrine framework, analyse and provide
- Subject matter expert (SME) on Artillery tactics, looking at the deep battle, indirect ﬁre battle and how CS OS supports the offensive, defensive and stabilising actions.
- Manage training delivery.
- Students teach both practical and theory lessons on all phases of the course, managing and supporting the delivery.
- Conduct safety/officer in charge (OIC) practice.
- Conduct range planning and safety, enabling the students to conduct OIC practice and range planning throughout the course.
- •Provide SME on technical aspects of CS OS capabilities.
- •Provide SME on Artillery tactics.
- •Provide SME on integration of CS OS capabilities.
- •Support the development of current and future CS OS capabilities.
- •Support the TRA/TDA in the management of training.
- •Manage individual training delivery.
- •Manage collective training delivery.
- •Conduct live training exercises.
- •Conduct Joint Fires safety.
- •Evaluate training.
- •Audit training.
- •Support inspections.
- •Support continuous improvements.
Instructor in Gunnery (IG) qualiﬁcation denoting membership of the Gunnery Staff.