Aim of the Course
To train non-commissioned officers (NCOs) to instruct combat vehicle reconnaissance (tracked) (CVR(T)) Gunnery and to supervise Live Firing.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Lance Corporal to Corporal from Armoured Corps and Infantry units.
- IELTS Level 5.
45 working days, with two (2) courses per year.
Armour Centre (ARMCEN) Lulworth.
Outline of Course
On completion of this course students will be able to:
- Carry out instruction of a gunnery syllabus by demonstrating instructional skills and conducting turret, weapon and simulator system lessons.
- To carry out gunnery continuation training practice period in turret and simulator lessons.
- To carry out testing procedures in turret, weapon and simulator systems and supervise AFV Operational Shooting Policy training tests.
- Supervise live firing in static firing, crew Fire & Movement Exercise firing and crew field firing.