Aim of the Course
To train ofﬁcers in all aspects of the FV4034 Challenger 2 (CR2) or combat vehicle reconnaissance (tracked) (CVR(T)) 30mm gunnery.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Lieutenant (OF-2) to Captain (OF-3).
- IELTS Level 6.
- Officers attending should have completed two (2) years service.
70 working days, with one (1) course per year.
Armour Centre (ARMCEN) Lulworth.
Outline of Course
- Advise the Commanding Officer on general gunnery matters, gunnery equipment and capabilities, the best use of training facilities, including ranges, course programming and open range practices.
- Assess the standard of instruction and coaching within the Regiment.
- Instruct on gunnery theory at Crew Gunner level and provide continuation training on gunnery theory at Armoured Fighting Vehicle (AFV) Commander level.
- Plan and conduct unit gunnery continuation training, pre-course training and supervise Regimental Class 2 gunnery courses and related trade testing.
- Plan and organise a Regimental firing period.
- Conduct weapon safety templates.
CR2 Regimental Gunnery Officer or CVR(T).