The first table outlines the general reasons for candidates disengaging from the British Army’s recruitment pipeline, whilst the second table outlines the top 5 reasons.
|Other – Refer to Journal||44,440||25,520||21,100||31,580||192,950||N/A|
|Joining Other Service||1,060||3,000||3,200||5,670||3,790||Now Recorded in ‘Other’|
- This data has been provided from a single service source rather than official statistics produced by Defence Statistics.
- Recruiting years fall in line with Financial years (01 April to 31 March)
- Figures have been rounded to 10 for presentational purposes; numbers ending in “5” have been rounded to the nearest multiple of 20 to prevent systematic bias.
- Unrounded figures are used in the calculation of percentages.
- “Other – Refer to Journal” was a category that was in use before the current Recruitment system (DRS) was implemented in 2016 but was subsequently phased out.
- Every candidate had a journal as part of their application record which was an area of free text where information could be recorded.
FOI 2020/03250/04/02 dated 06 April 2020.