Can I Claim Council Tax Relief while on Operations?

There is a payment that can be claimed for specific operations and assignments but it is not applicable to exercises.

The list of applicable deployments is on Defnet – search “council tax relief” – and they do include NATO operations such as Op Cabrit.

To be eligible you must either pay or be counted for council tax (rates in Northern Ireland) or contributions in lieu of this charge for Service family accommodation.

For more details personnel should contact their unit regimental administrative officer.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.