The Fast Air Support Team (FAST), part of the Combat Air Operating Centre, delivers Project team activities in support of:
- Typhoon aircraft.
- Tornado aircraft.
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (BBMF) aircraft.
- Crew Escape Systems Team.
Currently some of FAST’s main responsibilities include providing on-going support to Tornado in Afghanistan and continuing to bring Typhoon into service, as well as the objectives listed below:
- Support and sustain FAST platforms and equipment through life;
- Develop a highly professional and motivated FAST workforce;
- Deliver an affordable and funded equipment and support programme for FAST within Approvals;
- Build more effective and constructive relationships with our Stakeholders, including MOD, Industry and international partners;
- Ensure FAST platforms and equipment safety, airworthiness and governance is fit for purpose; maintain an efficient, structured and optimised organisation to meet FAST outputs.
FAST staff are based in approximately 20 locations worldwide, including:
- Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) at Abbey Wood South;
- RAF Coningsby; and
- RAF Marham.
Doing Business with Defence Handbook. Edition 24 (2018).