Prior to 2017, the British Army issued the black combat boot to recruits.
The current combat boots offered to recruits include:
- Altberg Defender (UK);
- Haix Scout (UK);
- Bates (Patrol);
- YDS Kestral (Patrol);
- Iturri Mendalls (Desert);
- YDS Desert Scout (Desert);
- Iturri Magnum (L/W Desert);
- YDS Desert (L/W Desert);
- Haix Alaska (Cold Weather); and
- Iturri Karimor (Cold Weather).
These boots can be obtained by civilians from a number of sources, including reputable manufacturers (new) and military surplus stores (new/used).
FOI 2017/79625/05/01 dated 17 November 2017.