For those who supervise defence trainers within a phase 1 to 3 training establishment, covering assessment, coaching and development.
Delivered by the Defence Centre for Training Support (DCTS) in Shrivenham, part of the Defence College for Military Capability Integration, which is itself part of the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom.
3 days, residential.
About this Course
- This course is for all ranks and civil service personnel who are supervisors of phase 1, 2 and 3 trainers.
- To provide and prepare you as a supervisor of defence trainers with the techniques and skills to assess the delivery skills of your trainers and to then coach and develop your trainers to reach their full potential.
- The course covers issues surrounding delivery of courses focusing on the principles of assessing and coaching of trainers.
- This is a mandatory course for all new trainer supervisors within phase 1, 2 and 3 training establishments.
- Applications for the course will be closed 6 weeks Prior to the start date.
What you will Learn
- Defence capability framework;
- The role and responsibilities of the trainer supervisor;
- Constructive feedback;
- Induction processes;
- Critical analysis and reflection;
- Continual professional development (CPD).
How this Course will Help your Career
To ensure those of you in phase 1, 2 and 3 training establishments are properly supervised.
- Military or MOD civil servant.
- This course is for supervisors of defence trainers in phase 1, 2 or 3 training establishments.
How the Course will be Taught
Face-to-face/ Residential; Blended; Online (Virtual).
How you will be Assessed
Practical summative assessment.