This course covers the key principles of how to deliver defence training, focusing on the use of the Present Apply Review model.
Delivered by the Defence Centre for Training Support (DCTS) in Shrivenham, part of the Defence College for Military Capability Integration, which is itself part of the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom.
- Stage 1: 8-12 hours online learning.
- Stage 2: 5 days residential learning.
- Stage 3: 20-30 hours workplace learning.
Courses run monthly, usually 2-4 per month.
About this Course
- This course has been designed for you, as a trainer delivering training within the Phase 1, 2 and 3 environment, as well as in a defence workplace environment.
- You will learn via a number of techniques including facilitation, practical training deliveries and interactive scenarios.
- You will be required to deliver 3 x 30 minute practice lessons.
- The course also includes the Care of Trainees training.
- For OR-2 to OF-3 and CS equivalents delivering training in a phase 1 or 2 training establishment.
- Level 3 Award on Education and Training on successful completion.
- Applications for the course will be closed 6 weeks Prior to the start date.
What you will Learn
- You will learn a range of teaching methodologies, the course will provide a foundation in the essential skills and techniques, which are crucial for you when dealing with trainees in all phase of military training and in the workplace.
- Completion of the DTc course is mandatory for all new trainers within Phase 1, 2 and 3 training establishments.
How this Course will Help your Career
It will enable you, as a trainer, to work in phase 1, 2 and 3 training establishments as well as in the workplace.
Before you attend, you will have 8-12 hours for online learning on the DLE and will have successfully completed the online multiple choice assessment.
How the Course will be Taught
Face-to-face/ Residential; Blended; Online (Virtual).
How you will be Assessed
- Online multiple choice questions on the Defence Learning Environment (DLE);
- 2 x 15 min and 1 x 30 micro-teach;
- Contributions to group discussions throughout the course;
- Lesson planning;
- Self reflection;
- Peer review; and
- Completion of the Level 3 Award in Education and Training Portfolio.