Watch Condition (WATCHCON) is an alert state system used by and coordinated between the South Korean armed forces and United States Department of Defence to measure reconnaissance posture, utilised often in matters concerning North Korea.
Should not be confused with similar systems used by the US military, such as:
- Alert Condition (LERTCON).
- Emergency Condition (EMERGCON).
- Defence Readiness Condition (DEFCON).
- Force Protection Condition (FPCON), previously THREATCON.
- Readiness Condition (REDCON).
- Information Operations Condition (INFOCON), and its future replacement Cyber Operations Condition (CYBERCON).
- Watch Condition (WATCHCON), or the former Homeland Security Advisory System used by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
- Hurricane Condition (HURCON), a military developed scale.
There are four WATCHCON levels.
|WATCHCON 4||In effect during normal peacetime.|
|WATCHCON 3||In effect amidst indications of an important threat.|
|WATCHCON 2||In effect amidst indications of a vital threat.|
|WATCHCON 1||In effect during wartime.|
You must log in to post a comment.