Aim of the Course
The aim of the course is to train personnel to become competent and qualiﬁed Defence Licence Acquisition Instructors (DLAI).
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Under current legislation individuals delivering category B driver training commercially must be an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI).
- As DST does not offer this ADI qualiﬁcation, MoD approved contractors can only be trained to deliver Vocational driver training.
- Minimum rank of Lance Corporal and Civilian Instructional Staff.
- Must hold an instructional qualiﬁcation.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years age.
- Must have no more than 3 current driving penalty points (or equivalent).
- Must have had no driving disqualiﬁcations within the last 4 years (i.e. 4 years from the termination point of
- the ban).
- Must have an authorised driving licence with full category B (car) entitlement for a minimum of 3 years.
- Must have held an authorised driving licence with full LGV category C+E entitlement for a minimum of:
- Military Personnel and Civil Servant – 2 years.
- Civilian Contractors – 3 years.
Fourteen (14) working days, with fourteen (14) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
- Pre-Course Requisites.
- Pass an Advanced Vocational Large Goods Vehicle driving ability test to MOD instructor standards.
- Pass a Non Vocational Cat B trainer ability test.
- Train a provisional licence holder to drive a vehicle in accordance with test standards.