Aim of the Course
The course training objectives are that of the 11T/0007 Specialist Driver Class 1 but is speciﬁcally for the use of the Royal Engineers vehicles and specialist equipment training. They will learn how to laden and unladen medium dump trucks and self loading dump trucks and carry out operating and administrative procedures in a military transport ofﬁce.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Private to Sergeant.
- Civil Servants employed as Instructional Staff can attend.
- Must hold an authorised driving licence with a minimum full category C+E entitlement.
- Must have successfully completed MAN SV conversion on SV 6, 9 or 15 Tonne prior to arrival on the course.
- Must have successfully completed Land Rover/TUL (truck utility light)/TUM (truck utility medium) (HS (high speciﬁcation)) conversion.
- Must have completed Defence General Service Driver (DGSD) Conversion Module 1.
- Must have been a qualiﬁed driver for at least 12 months.
Twenty nine (29) working days, with nine (9) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
Students will be driving Royal Engineer vehicles cross country across the bespoke training area at the Defence School of Transport. The course covers the following on Royal Engineer Vehicles:
- Military Vehicles Maintenance.
- Equipment Maintenance.
- Operating and Administrative Procedures.
- Plan a Section Deployment into an Operational Environment.
- Royal Engineer Vehicle Recovery.
Specialist Driver Class 1 RE Competency.