Aim of the Course
The aim of the course is to train personnel to be competent and qualiﬁed RAF Mountain Rescue Response Vehicle Drivers.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Phase 3 personnel currently serving with or ear-marked to serve with the RAF Mountain Rescue Service.
- Must hold a GB issued photocard driving licence with at least a full category B (car) entitlement or national equivalent.
- Must have completed Defence General Service Driver Module 1 or national equivalent.
- Be fully conversant with the current version of the Highway Code, and it is advisable that they have studied ‘Roadcraft’ (the Police Drivers Manual).
- Must have at least 3-years’ service remaining.
Five (5) working days, with three (3) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
Drive a Mountain Rescue Emergency Response Vehicle on and off road, under blue light emergency conditions and employing skid correction techniques. Students will also:
- Carry out driver maintenance.
- Carry out vehicle recovery procedures.
RAF Mountain Rescue Emergency Response Driver Competency.