Aim of the Course
To train train selected ofﬁces to carry out the duties of a troop commander within Surveillance Target Acquisition (STA) or Mini Unmanned Air System (MUAS) Regiment.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Second Lieutenant to Lieutenant (OF-1).
- IELTS Level 5.5.
Eight (8) weeks, with three (3) courses per year.
Royal School of Artillery Larkhill.
Outline of Course
- Operate within the ISTAR environment.
- Operate within 1 ISR Bde, operate and integrate with a BG and operate within a RA ISTAR Regt.
- Integrate, task and advise on ISTAR Assets.
- Integrate and task ISTAR assets and advise on employment, capabilities and limitations of ISTAR assets.
- Liaise with intelligence gathering organisations.
- Liaise with intelligence gathering organisations in order to enable the ISTAR process and joint effect, liaise with BG desk ofﬁcers and liaise with other BG and HQ staff ofﬁcers’.