Aim of the Course
To provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out the duties of a kennel assistant in a working dog section.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Private soldiers and all non-commissioned ranks.
- IELTS level 6.
- A reasonable level of physical fitness.
Five (5) days, with courses as required.
Defence Animal Centre (DAC) Melton Mowbray.
Outline of Course
On completion of the course the kennel assistant will be capable of:
- Maintaining a kennel, the kennel area and kennel equipment in a clean and tidy condition.
- Walking and exercising dogs under control and carrying out basic obedience.
- Recognising the basic signs of health, detect signs of sickness and report any abnormalities.
- Administering and recording veterinary treatments as directed.
- Understanding the health and safety regulations regarding dog sections.
- Restraining and manipulating a dog for veterinary inspection and treatment.