Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Values
- Honour: Honour is the fundamental value on which the Navy’s and each person’s reputation depends. To demonstrate honour demands honesty, courage, integrity and loyalty and to consistently behave in a way that is becoming and worthwhile.
- Honesty: Honesty is always being truthful, knowing and doing what is right for the Navy and ourselves.
- Courage: Courage is the strength of character to do what is right in the face of personal adversity, danger or threat.
- Integrity: Integrity is the display of truth, honesty and fairness that gains respect and trust from others.
- Loyalty: Loyalty is being committed to each other and to our duty of service to Australia
Australian Department of Defence (2010) The Defence Leadership Framework: Growing Leaders at all Levels. Available from World Wide Web: http://www.defence.gov.au/publications/docs/DLFBooklet.pdf. [Accessed: 22 June, 2017].
RAN (Royal Australian Navy) (2010) Royal Australian Navy Leadership Ethic. First Edition. Available from World Wide Web: http://www.navy.gov.au/media-room/publications/ran-leadership-ethic. [Accessed: 22 June, 2017].
RAN (Royal Australian Navy) (2009) Navy Leadership Framework. Available from World Wide Web: http://www.navy.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/Navy_Leadership_Framework.pdf