The principles are:
- Be technically and tactically proficient;
- Know yourself and seek self-improvement;
- Know your marines and look out for their welfare;
- Keep your marines informed;
- Set the example;
- Ensure the task is understood, supervised and accomplished;
- Train your marines as a team;
- Make sound and timely decisions;
- Develop a sense of responsibility in your subordinates;
- Employ your unit in accordance with its capabilities; and
- Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions.
Go to http://www.marines.com/being-a-marine/leadership-principles?WT.mc_id=092613_PRINCIPLES_TW for more information.