Aim of the Course
The aim of the course is to train personnel to be competent and qualiﬁed Quad Bike Operators. To enable drivers to conﬁdently operate in any environment.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Any rank or grade.
- Must hold an authorised driving licence with a minimum full category B entitlement.
- Must have completed Defence General Service Driver (DGSD) Module 1 or vehicle instructor equivalent.
Five (5) working days, with seventeen (17) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
Over the 5 day duration of the course the training is predominately delivered over rough terrain both by day and by night using Night Vision Goggles (NVG) including towing the Quad Bike Trailer. Students will be taught and assessed in the following areas:
- Operating the Quad Bike systems and controls.
- Conducting Quad Bike and trailer maintenance.
- Conducting riding on a non public road.
- Operating a Quad Bike using NVD.
- Positioning and securing a load on the Quad Bike and Trailer.
- Conducting platform recovery and emergency procedures.
Vehicle Quad Bike Operator Competency.