Aim of the Course
The aim of the course is to train personnel to be competent and qualiﬁed BV 206 (Blackshod) Drivers.
Refer to BV 206 (Blackshod) Instructor course.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Minimum rank of Lance Corporal and Civilian Instructional Staff.
- Must hold an authorised driving licence with a minimum full LGV category C entitlement.
- Must have completed Defence General Service Driver (DGSD) Modules 1 & 2 or equivalent qualiﬁcation.
- Must be able to swim.
Five (5) working days, with eighteen (18) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
Students will be taught how to drive the BV206 on the bespoke training area and on the public roads. Emergency actions and vehicle guiding will be covered in addition to swim procedures within the restrictions applied to the vehicle. Students will also cover:
- Vehicle maintenance, including track changing.
- Vehicle recovery and towing.
BV 206 (Blackshod) Driver Competency.