Aim of the Course
To train international students as Search Advisers. The course teaches the student to conduct a Threat Assessment, plan and execute low-risk searches and operate Search equipment using appropriate techniques. On completion, students will be able to contribute to building a safe and secure environment, combat extremist and crime, in support of the maintenance of the rule of law.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Sergeant to Major (OF-3).
- IELTS Level 6.
Three (3) weeks, with three (3) courses per year.
Outline of Course
The course covers the following subjects:
- Intensive instruction on intermediate search procedures and documentation.
- International terrorist threat and methods of attack.
- All aspects of search planning, including the conduct of threat assessments and the search estimate process.
The planning of various types of search including:
- Large-scale venues
- The use and maintenance of relevant current British In-service search equipment.
Instruction Training is delivered by subject matter expert Officers and SNCOs who have operational Search experience in all theatres. The latest technology and methods are utilised. Overseas students are fully integrated into the course and will gain a thorough understanding of British Military ethos and Search doctrine.
Certificate of attendance only.